Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eric Church Keeps His Country Rockin'

Beth Gwinn, Getty Images
Eric Church has a lot to look forward to in the next few months. In addition to releasing his third studio album, 'Chief,' in July, he is also anticipating the arrival of his first child this fall. The singer-songwriter, who has made a name for himself with controversial songs like 'Smoke a Little Smoke' and his current single, 'Homeboy,' says he doesn't plan on toning down his music when his little boy is born.

"I don't think it's a bad boy side that I try to play," he tells Wisconsin's Post-Crescent. "It's who I am. A lot of people, especially in music, are programmed to tell you a certain thing or talk a certain way or have a certain image and appeal, and I've always just said what I thought and I've acted on that, too. I've never been one who really cared whether it helped or hurt my career. I was just always gonna be real about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment