Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blake Shelton Claims No. 1 Spot on Singles Chart

Warner Music Nashville
Blake Shelton's 'Who Are You When I'm Not Looking' has climbed to the top of both the Mediabase/Country Aircheck and Billboard country charts this week. Brad Paisley's 'This Is Country Music' ascends to No. 2 on the Mediabase chart, followed by a huge leap from Jason Aldean's duet with Kelly Clarkson, 'Don't You Wanna Stay,' to No. 3. The two switch places on the Billboard chart, with Jason in second place and Brad in third.

"'[Who Are You] When I'm Not Looking' is one of my favorite songs I've ever recorded," Blake says. "The first time I ever heard it,Joe Nichols was singing it, and he's such a great singer. At first I thought, 'Man! I love that song so much just because it's his voice, and it just sounds magical to me.' And then I got a copy of the original demo [and discovered] I really do love the song."

Joe's version of the song appeared on his 2007 album, 'Real Things,' and while he is very happy for his pal Blake, he does regret his version wasn't released as a single. "'Who Are You' is one of the mistakes you make along the way; the woulda, coulda, shoulda that has happened, and you just wished things would've been different," Joe told The Boot. "When we cut [it], I begged everybody who would listen, I begged for that to be a single."

No comments:

Post a Comment